Scotch in a Can. Uhhh?
Common. This just makes me overly curious to the point where I feel a little queezy. I almost have to get a hand on one of these things just to taste what kind of damage it is doing to the industry.
See the inspiration article at nydailynews.com here.
I’ll let you know if I have it or even find it somewhere. I agree with the author at the nydailynews.com that my gut feeling is that it feels like an abomination to what I personally consider is a nice sipping drink.
The idea of my favorite alcoholic beverage served from a can freaks me out, but the main warning sign is the price. Each can is sold for $5 a can. Normally, a 750ml bottle of low-end blended Scotch whisky can run $20. 750ml is approximately two of these $5 cans. Yikes.
Here’s some rationalizing pre-tasting:
- You could get one can and share it with 6 friends.
- You could
- You could buy it as a gag gift.
- Once you open it, you can drink the whole thing to impress your friends.
- Once you open it, you can throw it away to show how rich you are.
- To save yourself the massive impending hang over, you can pour 3/4 of it out for one of your dead homies in the middle of the bar. If you do not have any dead homies that are worthy of the whisky in this can, then you can always use Michael Jackson (pick your favorite of the two). If you are not in a bar, make sure that you are at least on hardwood. I found out the hardway that whisky can stain carpet. Oops.